The decision to give or deny someone a job is not one to be taken lightly. Career changes are some of the most significant events we will encounter in life. When was the last time you asked yourself “are we providing a great candidate to employee experience?” If it’s been a while, here’s your chance! Read the following 10 statements. If any of them make you say “YES”, there’s a better way….
- You’d like to see your hiring Managers more involved with the recruitment, selection, and onboarding process (conduct interviews, make confident selection decisions, own the onboarding process etc.).
- Your applicants are able to apply by walking in, faxing, or emailing their resumes.
- You are tracking applicant information with spreadsheets, email, or paper.
- The last time your company career site and hiring process was reviewed was 3 or more years ago.
- Posting jobs online is a timely, manual process that must be done one site at a time.
- Coordinating the scheduling of interviews is challenging and time consuming.
- You save time by including the statement “only shortlisted applicants will be contacted”.
- When asked for metrics/dates/details/data, a huge project would be required.
- Onboarding is a checklist of compliance forms and distribution of company policies and procedures.
- If you were the new employee in your organization today, you would leave your first day questioning your decision.
If you answer “YES” to any of these statements, you are likely experiencing:
- Higher turnover with new employees in their first year
- Feelings of being overwhelmed by the hiring process
- Pieces, not a process when it comes to recruitment, selection, and onboarding
- Dependency from your hiring managers
Hiring is a process, not an event – one that begins long before the application is submitted and continues long after the new employee’s start date. Try these quick tips to improve your process immediately:
- Focus on the Candidate and new employee experiences
Treat Candidates and new employees as you would treat your potential customers.
- Work to remove bias
Leverage a tool like Prevue Assessments to level the playing field and remove biases.
- Implement a process that your hiring managers can follow
Often, companies implement one tool or form to their process and believe they’ve mastered recruitment. Implement a repeatable, reliable, predictable process your team can depend on.
Contact SmartHire® today – we’ll help you create a better way!